You can do it easily by following our step by step instructions!
This article is part of the Facebook Business Page Kit
We already said it on Visual Blog, social networks are becoming important to set an online presence. With more than 11,000,000 Australian users and over 9 million small businesses on its platform, Facebook can be a great move to connect with your target.
If you have decided to launch your company on the social network, there are many things you should consider like having a strategy, putting resources to animate your account… Once you have though about the strategy you will adopt on the social network, the first step to implement it is to create your Facebook Page for you Business. Here is a tutorial to help you with this:
1. Connect to your personal Facebook account. You may need to create one. Be careful of privacy if this is the first time you are using Facebook: have a look at the privacy settings and be careful of who you accept as friends.
2. Go to Create a Page (Click on our link or on More next to Pages on the left column). Then pick the best category to describe your business. Each category has its own presentation of features and you will be able to change the category later if needed.
3. Give your Page a Name. It can be the name of your business or your brand, but it may be already taken so you may have to be a bit more imaginative. For example for our Visual Link Facebook page, as visuallink was not available, we chose http://www.facebook.com/visuallink.australia ! However the name displayed is “Visual Link Pty Ltd”. Be careful, it is possible to edit the name only when you have less than 100 fans!
4. Enter your information. Fill the cases Facebook offers you: location, missions, contact, website…
5. Assign Administrators. You can add here people who will act on your page. There are different levels of responsibilities and functions: Managers, Content Creator, Moderator, Advertiser and Insight Analyst.
6. Add your visual identity. Facebook is a communication tool and the profile picture and the top banner you add on your profile must be aligned with your visual identity and your strategy. Facebook profile picture is a square image (180×180 px on your page) that can appear as small as 50×50 px so make sure it looks good when it is small. The top banner is 851×315 px and information are restricted: you must not include commercial information (like a discount or a call to action to like the page or follow a link for example), nor contact information (no website address, no email, no phone number…) and false images or images that are not respecting intellectual property are not allowed. If you need help, we are used to work on visual identity, contact us!
7. Add personality to your Page by adding events and photos to your Timeline. You can showcase your company’s history, background and accomplishments throughout the time.
8. Promote your Page. Send invitations to your contacts to invite them to like your page and try to build an audience. You can also use Facebook paid advertisement. Add a link to your Facebook page on your communication materials: in the signature of your emails, on your website, inyour newsletters, on your business cards…
9. Like other businesses’ Facebook pages. Connect with related businesses, this can help you to reach your target and see how others are using their Facebook page to give you ideas for your own page!
10. Add content on a regular basis. People who will like your Facebook page do it to receive frequent updates about your business. Make sure you understand what type of content they are waiting for and publish engaging content regularly to animate your community.
11. Link your Facebook Page to other Social Media activities. You can choose to automatically add your blog posts, your Twitter updates on your Facebook Page for example. Be careful not to abuse on automation: being on a social network is to connect with your target. If automatic publications can save time, it is not a strategy on its own for social networks.
12. Monitor your Facebook Page. People may express themselves on your wall through posts and comments, or send you messages. You need to monitor and answer them: connecting with your target is a real stake of a Facebook strategy. Monitoring will also allow you to better understand your target’s expectations. Use analytics to improve your content: you can analyse what type of content generate the more interactions for exemple!
At Visual Link, we are used to work on Social Networks and we can help you at any steps of your Facebook profile: the strategy, the creation, the optimization with content and/or graphics and even the on-going management of your page. Contact us by email or call us on 02 9565 2884!